Thursday, May 01, 2008

We're the Bush administration and we're here to help

The New York Times reported yesterday that fewer than 2,000 homeowners at risk of foreclosure have been helped by a Bush administration program that was supposed to assist them. So much for dealing with the foreclosure crisis. Why does this remind me of the administration’s response to Katrina? See the potential for a disaster. Don't prepare for the disaster. Watch the disaster occur. Don't respond adequately to the disaster.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What crisis?

capper said...

You forgot a couple of steps: Give tax breaks to the rich. Give Halliburton and/or Blackwater a lucrative no-bid contract.

Brian said...

Why should we bail out incompetent people? I have a mortgage and live in house that I can afford and somehow manage to make my payments on time. The gov't shouldn't bail out for stupidity. Would I love a bigger more expensive house absolutely but I know I can't afford it. And I also don't believe in bailing out the financial companies that sold these loans in the first place. But as is said time and time again, 'if it is too good to be true, it probably is.'

jon said...

I rarely disagree with you Gretchen, but I have to agree with brian