Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dan Cody speaks out

Dan Cody is indeed distancing himself from Jim McGuigan's sexist post regarding Supervisor Lynne DeBruin.

I've posted his comment with the original blog entry, but include it here as well:

Hi Gretchen,

As you correctly pointed out, this is something Jim choose to write on his own, ironically, in a post about how he has no involvement in my campaign, which is correct.

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as before to keep track of what everyone in the Wisconsin blogosphere is writing due to taking care of my own two young children, supporting my wife who's in graduate school, out knocking doors every night and weekend, and of course working! :)

I did get a heads up about this late last night finally from a friend, but want to say a few words about this, before heading out to knock doors again today.

As I saw you post on another website, you commented that "this race has descended into garbage" and I have to disagree with that characterization that things like what Jim wrote have anything to do with the campaigning going on.

My campaign is based on communicating with residents of the 15th district about my positive message of change and leadership.

There have been multiple times where I've called out what I consider poor votes made by Sup. DeBruin on issues like standing with Scott Walker and cutting funding for the 211 Impact line and the court system. However, there's nothing wrong or negative about pointing out the facts and how I disagree with her on issues such as those above. Taking a stand on these issues and many others doesn't degrade the debate in my opinion, but helps to inform voters about the choices they have this spring.

I can understand how what Jim had to say would insult some people, my own family included. But Jim would agree that he speaks for himself, and anything about his specific words should be addressed back to him.

So I hope that makes some sense about my feelings on this. Hopefully you're not completely committed to voting for the incumbent yet Gretchen, because I'm still going to try to win your vote this spring! :)

For now, I'm going to stay focused on running my campaign in a positive fashion and continue to meet and listen to the residents of the 15th district like I have been for the last three months.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I'll be more than happy to answer them!

Thanks,

Dan

No comments: