Monday, July 02, 2007

Why am I surprised?

I did not believe that George Bush would intervene in the Scooter Libby case. For some reason, I did not think the president held this country's values in such low esteem that he would let a common weasely lying crook like Libby off without spending a day in jail.

Foolishly, in spite of mountains of evidence to the contrary, I thought George W. would respect the law enough to let justice take its course.

Foolish me.

OK. So now we know it is OK to lie to federal law enforcement officers and obstruct justice in a criminal investigation.

Can't wait for Bush to start commuting the sentences of everyone convicted of lying to federal agents during investigations the kinds of criminal activity where the thugs don't wear suits.

1 comment:

capper said...

I am starting to seriously believe that, just before the end of the administration, Bush will pardon Cheney, resign, and then Cheney will pardon Bush. It really is sad when one can think that lowly of the President, especially when that opinion is warranted.