Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A better newspaper?

Let's get this straight: the JS is going to be physically smaller -- meaning fewer and shorter stories -- and Marty Kaiser wants us to believe this is an improvement? Perhaps he is just dumbing down the paper to match his perceptions about its readers.

And here's the kicker:

Changing the size of the newspaper requires us to reconfigure our presses. During the next six to seven weeks, we will have earlier deadlines because we know how important it is to get your paper delivered on time. We appreciate your patience if the paper is delivered a little late or if it doesn't have all the late-night news and scores you have come to expect.

Golly gee, Marty, can we please pay more for it, too?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're doing less and less to serve you better!

Anonymous said...

They are charging more. I just received my renewal notice with a ten dollar hike. More money, less crappy reporting. May not be a bad deal after all...

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't renew this year. Next year I definitely won't. I should have listened to my spouse this year.